Designed as an integral component of SACIA’s 10th birthday celebrations, the COMMTREND Conference programme will run from 22-24 October at the Gallagher Convention Centre, and will include a mix of keynote presentations, panel discussions, discussion forums and practical workshops.
Last month SACIA announced the upcoming COMMTREND conference – a multi-stream conference that will examine the trends and technologies shaping the future of the communications industry across Southern Africa.
Streams (break-away sessions) and sub-themes within the conference include:
- Technical Production & Live Events – sound, light, display, rigging
- Content Creation – film, video, multimedia and social media
- Event Safety – standards and practice; global trends and insights
- ProAV – digital signage, AV/IT integration, video conferencing, case studies & the user experience
- Broadcast – content creation, management & distribution, digital preservation
- Telecoms – integration between broadcast and AV/IT technologies; networked AV solutions
- Pro Audio – recording; post-production; live sound
- Education – exploring challenges faced by educators working across all inter-related fields above
- Leadership, Business & Governance
COMMTREND 2019 is now inviting submissions from organizations, companies or individuals who are interested in submitting a paper, contributing a presentation or participating in a panel discussion.
COMMTREND 2019 encourages presenters to focus on future trends and technologies. While imaging an inspired future, speakers may also want to raise concerns over any adverse impact technologies may have on the communications industry in Southern Africa.
While manufacturers and vendors are welcome to submit presentations, the presentations should not be structured to sell or promote a particular brand or product.
Presentations should be no more than 20 minutes, with an additional 10 minutes allowed for Q&A. Preference will be given to case studies and research articles that are more practical (practice-based/practice-led).
The deadline for proposals is 15 May 2019, and submissions should be made using the template at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehdyyp0514gfjjv/paper-proposal-form.docx?dl=0
The programme committee will send authors feedback by 30 June 2019 and indicate whether their proposals have been accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact the programme committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Accommodation, travelling and subsistence costs are the responsibility of the presenters. **Presenters grant SACIA the right to record and distribute their conference presentations, unless specified in writing.